Monday, March 21, 2011

Paul - Greg Mottola - 2011

"Two British comic-book geeks traveling across the U.S. encounter an alien outside Area 51." - IMDB


Anything with Simon Pegg and or Nick Frost is a must watch for me.  So be it the movie wasn't as funny as expected but with Pegg and Frost writing it I was brought back a little nostalgia of their BBC series Spaced.  The movie was full of references that surely any sci-fi fan boy will recognize and if not then you shall have your badge removed and forced to dedicate all attention to girls, poor soul.  The most notable reference was when the duo entered a shit-kicker bar and the band was playing a little ditty you might hear during a trip to Mos Eisley, get it?

Seth Rogen voices the lovably offensive little green guy.  Which is fitting since both are notorious for smoking what they call "the reefer".  With the plethora of "fucks" and genitalia jokes how could you not love this film?

I think the marketing department might have undershot the demographic since there were an intolerable amount of children in the theater.  Or maybe it was spot on since I heard the kids saying with the full extent of their feeble vocabulary "That was awesome!", which I concur, while the parent(s) couldn't find words that could so accurately describe their disgust and resorted to "awful".

I was hoping for the unnecessary full screen shot of alien dick and balls so I could witness the panicked parents drag their toddlers by the eyelids out of the theater.  Sorry folks no green chode just a series of innuendos. 

I will wrap it up by saying he should of went with four tits.

1 comment:

  1. 3 is better. I hadnt seen a preview before being dragged to the movie. I have to say i enjoyed it not only for simon pegg and nick frost but for all the sci fi references that there were. I did find it more amusing then funny though. I will still forever watch anything w simon pegg in it.

    ReplyDelete